Wednesday 9 March 2016

7th graders



             Adjectives & Prepositions

Some adjectives go with certain prepositions. There is no real pattern – you need to learn them as you meet them. Here are some examples:
With ‘at’
  • I’m quite good at English but I’m bad at maths and I’m terrible at physics.
With ‘for
  • The town is famous for its cheese.
With ‘of’
  • I’m perfectly capable of doing it myself, thank you.
  • I’m very fond of this old sweatshirt.
  • I'm tired of horror movies.

With ‘with’
  • We’re very pleased with your progress.
  • You’re not still angry with me are you

With 'in'

  • I'm interested in running.
  • She's interested in History.

With 'on'

  • She's keen on sports.

 Remember too that a preposition is followed by a noun or a gerund (‘ing’ form). - See more at: 

http://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/en/quick-grammar/adjectives-prepositions

No comments:

Post a Comment